Male Breast Reduction for Gynecomastia
For a more masculine silhouette
Reasons for Considering Breast Reduction for Gynecomastia
- You are a teenage or adult man who has excessively large breasts
- You have excess or sagging tissue in your chest area after losing a large amount of weight
- You have significant pain due to your enlarged breasts
Your excess breast tissue or fat can be removed with liposuction, excision, or a combination of both.
- Anesthesia: General or sedation
- Length of stay: Outpatient (home the same day)
Recovery Process and Final Result
- Swelling: A compression vest or chest wrapping is usually worn for a week or two after surgery to help reduce your swelling
- Sutures: Your sutures are usually removed within 7 to 10 days after surgery
Other Options For Your Consideration
Additional procedures that may enhance your results are liposuction of excess fat in the axilla (armpit area) or contouring and flattening of abdomen with liposuction and/or a tummy tuck.
If your enlarged breasts are causing significant pain, this operation is occasionally covered by some, but not all, insurance companies.