Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
For a more youthful breast contour
Reasons for Considering a Breast Lift
- If you have sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics or aging.
- If your sagging is too great to be treated with an implant alone.
- If the pigmented areas around nipples (nipple-areolar complexes) are enlarged.
The design of the incisions can vary but usually include incisions around your nipple-areolar complex and in the crease under your breast. The nipple-areolar complex is repositioned higher, the excess skin is removed, and your breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and in a more normal position. The insertion of a breast implant, as well, may be considered.
- Anesthesia: General or sedation
- Length of stay: Outpatient (home the same day)
- Exercise: May be resumed in 1 or 2 weeks
- Discomfort: Mild to moderate (controlled with prescription pain medication)
- Bandages: You will go home in a bra or breast wrap with only light dressings over the incision lines. Your bra is worn as a "dressing" for 2 to 3 weeks.
Other Options For Your Consideration
Additional procedures that may enhance your results are a breast reduction, breast enlargement or breast fat grafts.
This procedure is considered cosmetic and therefore is not covered by your insurance.