Breast Augmentation (Implants)
For more shapely breasts
Reasons for Considering Breast Augmentation
- Women who desire larger or fuller breasts.
- Women with a moderate degree of breast sagging and smaller breasts, whose problem can be solved by enlargement.
- Women who have one breast that is noticeably smaller than the other.
A small incision is made under your breast, around the nipple, or under your arm and an implant is inserted under the breast tissue or under the breast tissue and the underlying muscle.
- Anesthesia: General or sedation
- Length of stay: Outpatient (home the same day)
Recovery Process and Final Result
- Exercise: May be resumed in 2 - 3 weeks
- Discomfort: Mild to moderate (anticipate 2 to 3 days of prescription pain medication)
- Bandages: You may go home in an elastic bra or breast wrap with only light dressings over the incision lines. Your bra is worn as a "dressing" for 2 to 3 weeks.
Other Options For Your Consideration
An additional procedure that may enhance your results is Mastopexy (breast lift)-if your breasts are saggy in addition to being small. In some cases, injections of your own fat into your breast may be an option for increasing breast size.
This procedure is considered cosmetic and therefore is not covered by your insurance.
FAQs about Breast Augmentation »