For more attractive buttock contours
Reasons for Considering a Buttock Lift
- If you have experienced a loss of skin elasticity of the buttock area.
- If your skin area is saggy, flabby and/or dimpled in appearance.
- If your buttock appearance improves dramatically when you lift the lax skin.
- If you are self-conscious about your buttock appearance.
A buttock lift procedure gives you tighter, more attractive buttock skin, improved contours and decreases irregularities in skin surface. Lifting the entire thigh and buttock (circumferential lower body lift) will require much longer incisions that start in the buttock crease, extend around the groin, up over the side of the abdomen, over the flank and across the back.
Your doctor will discuss what procedures are available to solve your particular problem. Wide variations in the design of the incisions to meet clothing and personal desires are possible.
- Anesthesia: Local or general
- Length of stay: Outpatient (home the same day
Recovery Process and Final Result
- Discomfort: Mild to moderate (controlled with prescription pain medication)
- Swelling: Mild to moderate; should be gone in 3 to 4 weeks
- Bruising: Should be gone in 3 to 4 weeks
Almost all symptoms are gone in four to six months.
Other Options For Your Consideration
Additional procedures that may enhance your results include liposuction/liposculpture, breast enlargement, tummy tuck or a thigh lift.
This procedure is considered cosmetic and therefore is not covered by your insurance.